Monday, May 12, 2008

Strictly Personal by Chuck Baldwin

Strictly Personal
By Chuck Baldwin
May 9, 2008
This column is archived at
Since I just celebrated my 56th birthday (on May 3), it is time for my
annual "Strictly Personal" column. I think it only fair that readers
should have an opportunity to learn a little something about the
person who writes the words they read. Today's column is designed with
that goal in mind.
I was born in a small town in northern Indiana. My father and mother
were dedicated Christians. Dad was a welder by trade and a lay
jailhouse preacher. The Lord delivered him from a terrible life of
alcoholism, and the story of his deliverance is nothing short of
miraculous.
Readers should know that I will send a cassette tape or CD of my
father's life story, free of charge, to anyone who requests it. If you
or someone you know struggles with alcohol or drug addiction, I urge
you to obtain a copy of this remarkable story. Go to:
Dad was the only Baldwin in my clan to leave the South. All the rest
of my kin were lifelong Arkansans. I moved South after my Sophomore
year of college and have never left.
The Baldwins were all Democrats, and so was I, until Ronald Reagan's
candidacy, when I registered as a Republican. Now, however, I am an
Independent affiliated with the Constitution Party.
I believe the two major parties are two peas in the same pod or, as
Pat Buchanan calls them, "two wings of the same bird of prey." In my
opinion, both parties are selling out our constitutional liberties,
our independence, and our national sovereignty. At the national level,
I can no longer in good conscience support either of them.
The Constitution Party web site is located at:
Readers should also know that the Constitution Party recently selected
me as their 2008 Presidential candidate. My campaign web site is still
under construction, but is located here:
Outside of the decision to trust Jesus Christ as my personal Savior,
the decision to marry my wife, Connie, is the greatest decision I ever
made. She is marvelous! We will celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary
next month. She has borne me three wonderful children of whom I could
not be prouder.
My oldest child, Sarah Beth, is married to Allan Baker, a structural
engineer. She and Allan are the youth leaders in our church. They have
three children. Our oldest son, Christopher, owns his own plumbing
construction business here in Pensacola. He and his wife, Jana, are
also dedicated Christians and serve God with us in our church. They
have three sons. Our youngest son, Timothy, was a felony prosecutor
with the Florida State Attorney's office, and now owns his own law
firm. He, too, is a committed Christian and is the worship leader in
our church. Tim is married to the former Miss Jennifer Hanssen.
Readers should also know that Tim has an excellent legal review of the
USA Patriot Act posted on our web site. Read it at:
I believe in the primacy of the local New Testament Church. I have
been privileged to serve as the Senior Pastor of the Crossroad Baptist
Church in Pensacola, Florida, for over thirty-two years now.
I have hosted my own radio programs for more than thirty years. In
fact, this column is the outgrowth of my radio talk show program,
Chuck Baldwin Live. Here is the web address:
Currently, my radio programs are aired 29 times a week on 8 different
stations in the Northwest Florida, Southwest Alabama, and Central
Florida areas.
My personal philosophy regarding social/political issues is quite
simple. I believe abortion is America's national holocaust. It is the
deliberate killing of innocent human life. Furthermore, it is
absolutely disgraceful that while the so-called "pro-life" Republican
Party controlled the entire federal government from 2000 to 2006, they
did nothing to overturn Roe v. Wade and end legalized abortion.
I believe the U.S. Constitution, including the Bill of Rights, is the
greatest civil document ever devised by man. I steadfastly support the
principles contained in the Declaration of Independence. I believe
America's Founding Fathers to be the greatest generation of Christian
philosophers and patriots to ever live.
I believe the current attempts by politicians from both parties to
ignore and violate the Constitution are unconscionable and draconian
attacks against the liberties of the American people and should be
vehemently resisted. I believe in the right of the people to keep and
bear arms.
I believe there is a conspiracy by elitists within government and big
business to steal America's independence. I believe many, if not most,
pastors today have become little more than glorified politicians, and
I am very disappointed in the way today's national Christian leaders
seem to have sold out to political and commercial powers.
I further believe that the current effort to merge the United States
into a North American Community, along with the sister-issues of the
NAFTA superhighway and the push to provide amnesty to millions of
illegal aliens, comprises the greatest threat to America's
independence and national sovereignty we have seen since our country's
inception. In this regard, I especially appreciate investigative
journalist and author Dr. Jerome Corsi, and CNN broadcaster Lou Dobbs.
I encourage every American to read and watch carefully what these two
men are saying.
I opposed the preemptive invasion of Iraq, and I continue to oppose
the occupation of that country. I believe the Bush administration was
untruthful about the motivations for going to war with Iraq and
continues to deceive the American people to this very day.
I believe the American people have more to fear from Washington, D.C.,
than they do from Baghdad or Tehran. I believe the United Nations is a
sinister organization from which the United States should withdraw. I
believe the federal government taxes too much, spends too much, lies
too much, and snoops too much into the personal lives of the American
people.
Besides Crossroad Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida and the
Constitution Party, the only organizations to which I belong are Gun
Owners of America, and The National Rifle Association. I especially
support GOA, as it is the only Second Amendment advocacy group that
refuses to compromise for the sake of political correctness.
See GOA's web site at:
My favorite news magazine is The New American. I heartily recommend
that every American read it. Here is their web site:
If I have a hobby, it would be hunting and freshwater fishing,
although I don't get to do either as much as I would like. In fact, I
recently sold my bass boat, as it was about to fuse itself to my
driveway due to inactivity. I am probably what people would call a
workaholic. I do not drink or smoke. In addition, I adhere to a strict
diet and exercise regimen.
There it is. That is me in a nutshell. If you want to read more
details about me, go to:
At least now you know more about who I am. You can rest assured that
everything I write will be faithful to the beliefs mentioned above.
And as always, thanks for reading my columns.
*If you enjoyed this column and want to help me distribute these
editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may now be
made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link:
(c) Chuck Baldwin

No comments: